ECOMMERCE FINANCE MANAGER
Due to the rapid growth of our ecommerce marketplace Winery.ph, we are looking for an Ecommerce Finance Manager to support the growth in transaction volume and accounting complexity of the Philippines leading destination for wine online.
This role is ideal for someone with 4 – 10 years experience with an accounting firm or in-house corporate finance, looking for job security, challenge and cutting edge finance operations approaches in one of the fastest growing companies in the Philippines. Even more ideal for those with a passion for wine that matches their accounting prowess.
The right person should be skilled in the following areas:
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Accounting, or Economics and/or industry qualifications such as CPA
- 4 – 10 years in corporate accounting / financial operations, including knowledge or specialization in most of the following areas
- 1)Finance operations – management of core financial processes including, sales invoicing, purchasing and payments reconciliation
- 2) Payroll and expense management
- 3) Financial reporting and analysis – preparation of regular financial statements P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow Statement, key financial management ratios
- Data driven – strong understanding of accounting principles and ability to generate logical chart of accounts configuration, practice accurate double entry accounting and determine key financial stability metrics
- Familiarity with cloud based sales, accounting and inventory management systems including Xero, Dear, Shopify (or similar)
- Good written / spoken English and professional business communications
- Prior experience in import operations including cross border transactions, foreign exchange handling, and determination of unit landed costs for imported goods
- Prior experience in financial compliance including BIR / SEC reporting and preparation of statutory filings and/or internal audit
- Prior experience / exposure to an online retail ecommerce environment and/or startup company environment advantageous
You should also possess the following attributes:
- High degree of professionalism and excellence in your work
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Result-oriented and able to work with little supervision
Passion for great food and wine and the finer things in life
For the right candidate we can offer:
- Competitive remuneration, with high potential upside from sales commission, and long term access to equity in the company
- High level of independence, workplace flexibility and autonomy
- Dynamic, fast-paced, ‘wear a lot of hats’ startup culture
- Learn heaps with one of Manila’s most dynamic tech / F&B entrepreneurial teams
- Love wine? You’ll get an allocation of wine per month as part of your package – absolutely free. Get to take home and know some of the best wine from around the world!
To apply, please send a resume and a ½ page cover letter (essential) that outlines why you’re interested in the role, and what you can bring to email@example.com with subject line ‘[Application:] Finance Manager for Winery.ph'.
Role is based in Metro Manila and must be willing to work in San Juan City.
Look forward to hearing from you!
** Note that ‘tick and flick’ applications direct from recruitment websites will not be entertained. If you do not take 20 minutes to think about this role, find out who we are and write a cover letter there is no chance of being hired.
WINERY PHILIPPINES - JOIN OUR TEAM IN SAN JUAN CITY
Grow with us! Take responsibility from day one, unleash your individuality, make an impact, and love your work. Enjoy a fun, working environment and free wine!
Winery Philippines (Winery.ph) curates and sells the best quality, value for money wines in the Philippines through our online wine marketplace, launched in 2017 by a group of passionate wine lovers, who wanted to drastically improve access to good quality wine for Filipinos.
We are pioneering the discovery of wine for the Filipino wine drinkers through our world class digital content and curation designed to empower our customers to discover wine, by providing easy to digest product information that is contextualised for the Filipino wine drinker.
Winery.ph is committed to democratising the wine category, making good wine affordable for more Filipinos, who can be put off by the prevailing high prices to ensure a quality bottle, or else resorting to cheap but mediocre options to avoid ‘selection risk’. Winery.ph by contrast does not list mass-produced, factory made wines, but instead focuses on lowering the prices of quality wines that might cost 10-20 USD abroad, and getting these to consumers in the Philippines for the same price.