SALES MANAGER / DIRECTOR
We are looking for a Sales Manager / Director (Wine category) to support the fast growth of our wine ecommerce business. This is the key sales leadership position within the company reporting directly to the Managing Director, with responsibility for all company sales to Hotel, Restaurant and Corporate accounts, Event sales, Subscriptions and physical sales events and promotions. Exact seniority and remuneration package will be subject to experience. We are open to either a mid-career (Manager level) to train up, or a mid-late career / sales leader (Director level)
The right candidate should have the following skills:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years experience in the Sales function (either Business Development, Account Management or Sales Management / Leadership)
- Experience leading at least a small sales team comprised of business development and account management specialists
- Strong understanding of the sales process, and data driven performance measurement and optimization approaches
- Ability to identify and prioritize time and effort according to customer or lead value
- Highly personable, knows how to close deals and able to build lasting customer relationships over time
- Familiarity with advanced sales concepts including share of wallet, negotiation, total value proposition, customer segmentation, customer analytics
- Good written / spoken English and professional business communications
- Skilled in core Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and productivity services such as Slack, Google Suite)
- Basic wine knowledge acquired in previous wine sales role, or formal training in hotel/restaurant management is an advantage
- Highly desirable: existing clients/relationships among wine drinkers and high-end restaurants, or corporate accounts
You should also possess the following attributes:
- High degree of professionalism and excellence in your work
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Has a pleasing personality and polished appearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Result-oriented and able to work with little supervision
- Can-do attitude and possesses strong sense of duty and accountability
- Highly desirable: Passion for great food and wine
For the right candidate we can offer:
- Competitive remuneration, with high potential upside from sales commission, and long term access to equity in the company
- High level of independence, workplace flexibility and autonomy
- Dynamic, fast-paced, ‘wear a lot of hats’ startup culture
- Learn heaps with Manila’s most talented tech / F&B / ecommerce crew
- Love wine? You’ll get an allocation of wine per month as part of your package!
To apply, please send a resume and a ½ page cover letter (essential) that outlines why you’re interested in the role, and what you can bring to email@example.com with subject line “Wine Sales Manager / Director”. Role is based in Metro Manila and must be willing to work in Makati City.
** Note that ‘tick and flick’ applications direct from recruitment websites will not be entertained. If you do not take 20 minutes to think about this role, find out who we are and write a cover letter there is no chance of being hired.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Back to list of jobs at Winery Philippines
WINERY PHILIPPINES - JOIN OUR TEAM IN SAN JUAN CITY
Grow with us! Take responsibility from day one, unleash your individuality, make an impact, and love your work. Enjoy a fun, working environment and free wine!
Winery Philippines (Winery.ph) curates and sells the best quality, value for money wines in the Philippines through our online wine marketplace, launched in 2017 by a group of passionate wine lovers, who wanted to drastically improve access to good quality wine for Filipinos.
We are pioneering the discovery of wine for the Filipino wine drinkers through our world class digital content and curation designed to empower our customers to discover wine, by providing easy to digest product information that is contextualised for the Filipino wine drinker.
Winery.ph is committed to democratising the wine category, making good wine affordable for more Filipinos, who can be put off by the prevailing high prices to ensure a quality bottle, or else resorting to cheap but mediocre options to avoid ‘selection risk’. Winery.ph by contrast does not list mass-produced, factory made wines, but instead focuses on lowering the prices of quality wines that might cost 10-20 USD abroad, and getting these to consumers in the Philippines for the same price.